When it comes to finding comprehensive care for co-occurring disorders, Massachusetts offers a wealth of resources. Dual diagnosis is a term coined for the simultaneous occurrence of substance use disorders and mental health issues. This intersection of two conditions can present unique challenges in treatment, making it crucial to seek care options that approach both issues concurrently. At Evoke Wellness at Cohasset, we specialize in providing comprehensive treatment for dual diagnosis in Massachusetts, ensuring that our clients receive targeted care for both their substance use disorders and mental health issues.
What Is Dual Diagnosis?
Dual diagnosis is a term used to describe an individual who has both a substance use disorder and a mental health condition. This co-occurrence of conditions can range from mild to severe, and it’s essential to identify and address both issues simultaneously for effective treatment. At Evoke Wellness at Cohasset, our team of experts understands the complexities of dual diagnosis and provides tailored care to address each client’s unique needs.
Dual diagnosis can be challenging to diagnose and treat as it involves two overlapping conditions. Without proper treatment, individuals may struggle with relapse or only partially recover from their substance use disorder. It’s crucial to seek dual diagnosis treatment in Massachusetts that addresses both addiction and mental health issues for long-lasting recovery.
What Is Dual Diagnosis Treatment?
Dual diagnosis treatment is a specialized approach to treating individuals with co-occurring disorders. This type of treatment addresses both substance use disorder and mental health issues simultaneously, as these conditions can often be intertwined and influence one another.
- Individualized treatment plans—A dual diagnosis requires a personalized approach to treatment. The professionals at Evoke Wellness at Cohasset design individualized recovery plans that cater to each client’s unique needs and circumstances.
- Integrated care—Dual diagnosis treatment in Massachusetts integrates therapies for both mental health disorders and substance use. This synergy ensures that both issues are addressed concurrently, increasing the chances of successful recovery.
- Medical detoxification—The detoxification process is typically the first step in dual diagnosis treatment. Medical professionals supervise this process to manage withdrawal symptoms and ensure the safety of the client.
- Therapeutic modalities—Clients can expect a variety of therapeutic approaches, including cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT), dialectical behavior therapy (DBT), trauma-focused therapy, and group therapy, among others, to help manage their mental health issues while treating their addiction.
- Continual support—Aftercare and support are integral to dual diagnosis treatment. This includes follow-up sessions, group meetings, and resources to help clients maintain long-term recovery.
- Education—Treatment also involves education on co-occurring disorders, coping strategies, and relapse prevention, empowering clients to take an active role in their recovery journey.
- Holistic approaches—In addition to traditional therapies, many dual diagnosis treatments incorporate holistic practices such as yoga, meditation, and nutritional counseling, fostering overall well-being and resilience.
At Evoke Wellness at Cohasset, we are dedicated to providing compassionate, comprehensive dual diagnosis treatment in Massachusetts — because we believe in a balanced approach to recovery that addresses both substance use and mental health disorders together, ensuring a robust, long-term recovery journey for our clients.
Contact Evoke Wellness at Cohasset for Dual Diagnosis Treatment in Massachusetts
If you or a loved one is struggling with co-occurring disorders, Evoke Wellness at Cohasset is here to help. Our team of experienced professionals specializes in dual diagnosis treatment, and we are committed to providing compassionate care that addresses both addiction and mental health issues. Contact us at 866.931.6429 to learn more about our program and how we can support you on your journey.