At Evoke Wellness at Cohasset, we understand that transitioning back to everyday life after rehab can be challenging for many patients. Our compassionate and dedicated staff work tirelessly to ensure that our patients receive the best addiction treatment and therapy services and have access to an effective aftercare program in Massachusetts to support them in their journey to living sober.
Completing rehab is a significant achievement for anyone struggling with addiction. However, the end of rehab does not necessarily mean the end of the recovery journey. The transition from a structured, substance-free environment to the real world can be overwhelming, and it is essential to have a plan for staying sober. Here are some tips for starting living sober after rehab:
- Find a support network — A support network is crucial to staying sober. Support networks can include family members or chosen family, friends, and support groups like Alcoholics Anonymous or Narcotics Anonymous. Reach out to people who understand what you’re going through and can provide encouragement and accountability.
- Stay active — Physical activity can help reduce stress and promote overall well-being. Consider joining a gym, taking up a new sport or hobby, or simply going for a walk each day.
- Avoid triggers — Triggers are people, places, or things that can lead to a relapse. Identify your triggers and make a plan to avoid them. This plan may include staying away from certain people or places or finding new ways to cope with stress and anxiety.
- Take care of your mental health — Addiction often co-occurs with other mental health conditions, such as depression or anxiety. It is essential to continue to prioritize your mental health after rehab. Taking care of your mental health may include therapy, medication, or other forms of treatment.
Recovery is a lifelong journey, and it’s important to celebrate the small victories along the way. Whether it’s a week or a month of sobriety, take the time to acknowledge your progress and reward yourself for your hard work.
Life After Rehab
Embracing life after rehab involves making numerous adjustments and taking proactive steps to maintain sobriety. Life after rehab can be challenging, but also an opportunity to start fresh and build a new life in recovery.
Here are some strategies for navigating life after rehab:
- Create a routine — Structure and routine can help provide stability and reduce the risk of relapse. Set a schedule for your day, including waking up and going to bed at the same time each day, and plan out your meals, exercise, and other activities.
- Set goals — Having goals can help provide direction and purpose. Set realistic, achievable goals for yourself, whether related to work, school, or personal growth.
- Learn new coping skills — You likely learned new coping skills to deal with stress and triggers in rehab. Continue to practice and refine these skills, and explore new ones that can help you manage the ups and downs of life in recovery.
- Stay mindful — Mindfulness is the practice of staying present in the moment and being aware of your thoughts, feelings, and surroundings. Mindfulness can help reduce stress and increase resilience. Consider practicing mindfulness meditation or other mindfulness techniques as part of your daily routine.
At Evoke Wellness, we recognize the importance of a comprehensive approach to addiction treatment that addresses each patient’s unique needs. Our state-of-the-art facilities, located in beautiful surroundings, provide a safe and nurturing environment for our patients to begin their journey toward living sober. Our expert staff is dedicated to delivering a supportive and positive experience, with a strong focus on our patients’ well-being and success in their life after rehab.
Find the Alumni Program You Need at Evoke Wellness at Cohasset
Alum programs are essential to the recovery process, providing ongoing support and connection to others in recovery. At Evoke Wellness at Cohasset, we offer a comprehensive alum program to help our patients maintain long-term sobriety and build fulfilling lives in recovery.
Our alum program includes regular meetings, events, social activities, and ongoing support from our staff and fellow alums. Recovery is a lifelong journey, and we are committed to supporting our patients every step of the way.
Call us to learn more at 866.931.6429.